Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Children are such blessings ...

It's been icy/wintery weather here this week, so I've been working from home the last 2 days. I've had Alex home with me, so I didn't get as much work done as I would like to, but I have LOVED being home with him. He is changing so fast, every day, and I know one day that these "baby days" will be gone, so I am trying to soak up every single moment of it/him that I can. He is standing and pulling himself up all the time now and I know it won't be much longer before he's taking his first step and walking/running. It is so hard to fathom, but I know it's just right around the corner. But I tell ya... after everything we've gone through with correcting his feet this first year, I will never tire of seeing him standing on his perfect little feet.

At one point today, he was playing on the floor and started crawling away from me (very fast, I might add). I "caught" up to him and started tickling him. He was laying flat on the floor, laughing as hard as I've ever heard him laugh. It was such a WONDERFUL moment. And I was honestly laughing just as hard, if not harder, than he was.

I thought I would have a theme to my blogs by adding a funny quote/story at the end. Here's the one for today ..

Emily and I were driving home from the store tonight and I asked her if she was going to watch the Superbowl this weekend. She said, "Why would I watch the 'superball'? I said, "For the commercials - remember you told me one time that's why girls watch it, to see the new commercials." She said, "commercial, schmercial. Besides, after they show them on the 'superball' they'll show them on tv all the time, so I'll see them again." That girl CRACKS me up. As we pulled into the garage, we were both singing Taylor Swift's "Love Story" at the top of our lungs - which resulted in some funny looks from Dan as he came out to the garage to meet us. :)

Our kids are such a blessing to our lives, and I thank God every single day for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment