Friday, February 20, 2009

Part Time Party Planner


It's been a few weeks since I've updated my blog, but that's because I've been terribly busy planning a first birthday party! That's right.. our baby boy is ONE years old now. Wow, that was a FAST year. It's like I blinked and now it's a year later. I was thinking yesterday, though, that one year ago to the day (on 2/19/08) Alex had his first set of casts put on. Now we're a year into his cf treatment and potentially only have a year to go! A coworker told me yesterday, "Remember when he was born and you said you can't believe you have two whole years till he doesn't have to wear his braces? And now you're halfway through it!" There's a lot of controversy out there on whether the braces should be worn for 2 years, or 4 and our dr seems to be more on the 2 yr fence, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. I think it will depend on how his feet look by then. So far they look fantastic and he gets a glowing approval from the dr every visit! So fo far so good!



Now, back to the birthday party... wow, what an exhausting day/weekend! Not to mention the weeks leading up to it. Why do parents put so much into a day that the child won't even remember?? That's right, it's so WE as parents remember it. Our original plan was to only have parents and close friends. Then when we decided to invite our close friends that have a baby Alex' s age, I thought, "oh, we should also invite so and so because they have a baby close to his age.." and then it snowballed from there. I think we ended up with 20-25 people there. I bought way too much food and decorations. But I'm always of the mindset that I'd rather have too much than not enough, and I definitely succeeded in that area for this one. Oh well. He will only have one first birthday party, right? :) He got lots of toys and clothes. He got 3 different Little People sets -and loves ALL of them. They play music and have these little "people" that are plastic and he prefers chewing them vs actually playing with them at this point, but hey at least they're not just sitting in a toy box collecting dust.



Speaking of chewing.. we now have FIVE teeth. That's right, those boogars just keep popping out every time we turn around. Guess he's making up for lost time! Poor thing has been so fussy because of it but hopefully he'll get a break soon.



And he is now officially on whole milk - YAY! No more formula. AND we were able to switch him to a forward facing car seat - double YAY. He was getting way too big for that infant carrier, not to mention too darn heavy for us to carry him in it! He went to the dr on his actual b-day and he weighed 22 lbs, 3 oz and was 30 inches long. When he was born, he was 7 lbs 2 oz and 18 in long, so my baby boy is definitely growing! lol



Here are some pictures from the party, and also his "official" one year pictures. He's such a handsome little boy! (not that I'm biased or anything... ) Anyone that knows my husband always says, first thing, that he looks just like his daddy. That's where he gets his handsome-ness from. :) Every once in a while I see a little of me, and he's always looked like my dad (imo) because he arches his eyebrow and that is my dad 100%.




Anyway, happy birthday, Alex! Here's to hopefully only one more year of sleeping with braces. Every single day of his life, minus the first 7 days, he has slept with either casts or braces on. He won't know what to do to be "free" at night! :)









Good morning, birthday boy!







He wasn't a fan of the party hat..







He was, however, a fan of the cake (more so the icing)




By this point, I think he'd had enough cake... :)






No comments:

Post a Comment